Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the rewind speed be adjusted on an Elmo GS-1200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the rewind speed be adjusted on an Elmo GS-1200?

Hello All,

I have two Elmo GS-1200's. I usually use rewinds after showing a print. Sometimes I do use the rewind on one of the projectors. One of the GS-1200 rewinds really fast, the other GS is much slower.

My question is, does the GS-1200 have an adjust for the the speed? I think it might on the inside of the projetor. Before I took the back off and poked around I thought I would see if anyone has had the same issue, and if so, how did you resolve making the slower rewind faster?
    (Hope this makes sense

Thanks Ken

Ken
    Download the Service Manual (Below).
    Go to page 64 "C. Rewind Motor Assembly (1)".
    Also, above it on page 63, refer to Figure 32 (parts drawing).

GS1200SERVICE.pdf (film-tech.com)

Comment

I don't see it Maurice, is that the right page?

Comment

Paul, this is what I see :

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230202_203420_OneDrive.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	73890

Comment

Thank you, Dominique, for your assistance.
          It takes about a minute to load the large repair manual, but I've checked it again and it does eventually open at the correct pages.

Comment

Got it -thanks Dom. But I had to go to my hard copy service manual. Using Maurice's link the downloaded pdf at pages 63, 64 is in the amplifier part of the manual.
            I thought there was an adjustable potentiometer up on that little PCB next to the motor, that could regulate rewind speed, But it is not referenced here that I can see,

Comment

Paul
              Sorry, but I think you may have confused the page numbering. Page 63 contains the drawing number FIG 32.
              Pages 63 and 64 are those I referred to, perhaps you went to pages 163 and 164 which are about the amplifier.

Comment

My mistake Maurice. I was looking at the left side scroll down panels, the numbering of which does not correspond to the actual page numbers at all. Using the main window everything comes up correctly as you stated. So what are those left side scrolling windows for?

Comment

Paul
                  The left hand numbers appear to be SECTION numbers.
                  GS1200SERVICE.pdf (film-tech.com)

Comment

Thank you Maurice and Dominque!!

I will go to those pages over the weekend and see if I can adjust my rewind speed on my projrector. I will let you know how it goes and if I have anymore questions. You guys always know the answers. That is why you are Film Gods

Have a good weekend!
                    Ken

Comment

Working...
                    X