Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to release this green lever (GS-1200)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to release this green lever (GS-1200)

I have just acquired this Elmo GS 1200 and found the green lever stuck. I believe there is a way to release it. Can you guys tell me how?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20230209_220939_Facebook.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.5 KB ID:	74394

Thanks

Hello Winbert,

I have two GS 1200 and love them. To release the auto tread, it will release automatically when film come out at the back and goes onto the take up reel. Or you can release it yourself by just taking a Q tip and press down on the roller where I have it circled. That roller will release the suto thread when film tension forces it down. Then you lamp will come on if you have the lamp switch turned on at that time. If you need more help let me know.

Cheers, Ken

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	59.5 KB ID:	74406

Comment

[QUOTE=Ken ... That roller will release the suto thread when film tension forces it down. Then you lamp will come on if you have the lamp switch turned on at that time. If you need more help let me know.

Cheers, Ken
      [/QUOTE]

You are right, but sadly the lamp is not on. I need a replacement.

Another downside too is the two arms are not turning although motor, rollers and counter are moving.

you can see the problem in this video:

Does it need a new belt? But the rollers are moving?

Thanks

Comment

Winbert

It might be a long shot, but, the gears may be giving trouble, cracked?
        Check them out.
        Van Eck supply replacement gears, and suggest that all four (two at front, two at back) are all replaced.
        Scroll sideways when link opened to see other pictures.

ELMO GS-1200 gear(1) take-up motor, PP413510 – 6MT020301 (PP-0036) – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
          Winbert

It might be a long shot, but, the gears may be giving trouble, cracked?
          Check them out.
          Van Eck supply replacement gears, and suggest that all four (two at front, two at back) are all replaced.
          Scroll sideways when link opened to see other pictures.

ELMO GS-1200 gear(1) take-up motor, PP413510 – 6MT020301 (PP-0036) – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)
          Thanks Maurice..but seeing that both arms are not working do you think that possible to happen the gears cracked at the same time?

Anyway I will try to open the back cover as well as the arms when the time is permitted.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC-0012-Relais-ry301-elmo-gs-1200-NC4D-P-DC12v-510x342.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	74729Click image for larger version

Name:	board.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	74728

Winbert-When you open the back make sure the little board next to the feed motor is present. If so, it might be the 2 relays shown in the diagram on the main board or it's the gears. Also, try the rewind switch, pull it out, the orange lever above the lens, next to the thread light.

Comment

Working...
            X