Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emdeko EM-9000 Compatibility

Hi,

I have an Emdeko EM-9000 projector that hasn't run in many years. The main drive belt was broken as were the roller wheels for the reels. I replaced all the belts and wheels with a kit. After putting it all back together, the light wasn't working. I bought a replacement kit that uses a modern halogen bulb. I installed that and still no go.

Digging into it a little deeper I found that the keyed shaft that attaches the front control knob to the cog gear that turns the light switch on/off (among moving other various pieces) had broken. I did try some JB Weld on it, but there is quite a bit of tension on it plus a screw going through it, and it broke again almost right away. I'm assuming (based on my Google searching) that these types of parts are not available.

I understand that the Emdekos are re-badged GAF projectors. I'm wondering if anyone knows if there are GAF models that have belt and bulb compatibility with the EM-9000. Given the fact that I just purchased the belts and bulb it would be nice to find one that I would have spare parts for.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty far down the rabbit hole on this one, but I've got about 20 home movies that would be nice to play.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Sean

Hi Sean. Please take a picture of the back of your projector with the cover removed and also a closeup of the part that needs replacement. It might help in identifying a donor machine.

Comment

Here is the back

Click image for larger version  Name:	back1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.1 KB ID:	7469

The arrow is pointing to the broken part. It's behind the plate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	broken1.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	7470

Sean

Comment

I have a GAF 666 well scavenged parts machine that may be compatible. It has the same positions as the Emdeko on the selector switch (4 on each side). Your photo shows the problem part is what the cam is connected to...not the cam itself...correct? I've taken a picture of the switch with the cam in place and with it removed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GAF 666 Switch CAM.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.0 KB ID:	7501
        Click image for larger version  Name:	GAF 666 Front.jpg Views:	0 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	7500

I went ahead and removed the cam and the part I think you are looking for that is behind the cam and fits onto.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GAF Cam Assy02.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.2 KB ID:	7507

Comparts with parts you have.

Click image for larger version  Name:	GAF Cam and back.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.2 KB ID:	7508

Last edited by Janice Glesser; April 11, 2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

That’s right. It’s the part the cam attaches to. Looks the same besides the color.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 8.24.34 PM.png
Views:	182
Size:	497.8 KB
ID:	7537

Sean

Comment

I can send you the parts to see if they are compatible.

I did a lamp conversion on the same Emdeko EM-9000 about 3 years ago. I remember the main selector switch being stiff and very hard to turn. This may have been typical for this model. I eventually sold it...but a real work horse projector when running well.

Comment

Sean Hoger I mailed you the parts. They may or may not fit. GAF made subtle part differences between models. Since Emdeko is a re-branded model there may be parts unique to this projector only. If that's the case then you might have to hunt down another Emdeko. If the parts I sent you don't work..my advice is to cut your loses and look for another working projector.

Comment

Originally posted by Janice Glesser View Post
                Sean Hoger I mailed you the parts. They may or may not fit. GAF made subtle part differences between models. Since Emdeko is a re-branded model there may be parts unique to this projector only. If that's the case then you might have to hunt down another Emdeko. If the parts I sent you don't work..my advice is to cut your loses and look for another working projector.
                The parts were an exact fit!

Thank you so much. We really appreciate it.

Sean

Comment

Great news Sean. We now know that many of the Emdeko and GAF parts are interchangable. Glad you were able to get your projector running again to watch your home movies.

Comment

Working...
                  X