Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kodak 100D movie film (Regular 8mm) coming soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodak 100D movie film (Regular 8mm) coming soon!

FPP (Film Photography Project) will be selling Kodak's Ektachrome 100D color reversal for the Regular 8mm format. According to FPP's website they have partnered with Kodak. Here's what they have to say: "This iconic color positive film for Double 8 motion picture cameras is made available for the first time in decades from the Film Photography Project through a special relationship with Eastman Kodak". Pre-orders are now being taken and shipment will be on or before April 15th. Price per roll $34.99. https://filmphotographystore.com/pro...31987034521671
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1938.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	7476

It also looks like this film is already in stock at International Film Brokers for $29.00 a roll. https://www.buy8mmfilm.com/

Comment

This is really great news Shane. I have always liked my all metal Bolex C8 better than my plastic Chinon Super 8 camera. I like the idea of loading the roll of film into the camera, setting aperture and focus manually, and winding it up before every shot! This is the way I learned to use a cine camera, and the lack of automation does not bother me a bit. Also the results are spectacular, with the camera having an all metal gate and a prime non-zoom lens.
      Do you know if Dwayne's will process this film?

Comment

Hi Paul, Dwayne's should have no problem developing this film. I believe they develop all Ektachrome formats that use E6 which includes regular 8. Yeah I too like the all metal cameras and have a nice Bolex K2 with a switar lens that is superb. Although my Elmo Super 110 for the Super 8 format is one nice camera and all metal. It dates to the early 70's.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1960.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	7541

Comment

You mean that i might actually be able to use my ancient but mint condition Bell and Howell 252 standard 8mm movie camera, perhaps for the first time in over 40 years? That would be worth the 25 or so bucks, to be sure!

Comment

Yep Osi it looks like you'll be able to dust off that old Bell & Howell and shoot some film! I'm considering buying a roll for the Bolex. I've shot way more Super 8 these days and the new Ektachrome is superb! But regular 8 is tempting again.

Comment

Working...
            X