Brown Sparkle Derann Print Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Sparkle Derann Print Fault

I had a copy of Chickens Come Home which developed brown sparkle after a couple of years. It was a Derann bought new print colour stock. It was returned to them but they could provide no explanation.

The attached auction shows the same problem. Any collectors have similar experiences?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304801424960

Hi Mike,
    It looks like the print wasn't washed completely between the second developer and the fixing stage during the processing. This causes the developer to slowly keep developing over years causing these blotches. as it is now trapped into the film emulsion with the fixing agent.
    The print on Ebay also looks like it is printed on colour film stock.

Comment

Thanks Steve for answer. That is the solution.

Comment

I've seen some Blackhawk prints with this same condition.

Comment

Worked in a lab for a number of youthful years. Poorly monitored processing the culprit I'm afraid. Reelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
            I've seen some Blackhawk prints with this same condition.
            Yea, I also have a couple of Blackhawk prints with the same issue.

Comment

I've noticed that it tends to be towards the beginning or ending of the films.

Comment

Originally posted by Osi Osgood View Post
                I've noticed that it tends to be towards the beginning or ending of the films.
                My example was throughout movie. Started very little then progressively increased.

Comment

I have a vague recollection of someone (Ged?) saying that one lab (Buck?) had a way of ensuring B&W film printed on colour stock didn't have colour tints but unfortunately sometimes this sort of thing happened.

Comment

Blackhawk I can understand as their quality was all over the place. There must however be Derann prints like that out there. The dreaded white box specials 😡

Comment

Working...
                    X