Possible to clean a lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to clean a lens?

Is it possible to open and clean this lens?

Jeff,

Check out this thread: Bell & Howell Lens Cleaning

Comment

Thanks..BUT, HOW do you remove the lens ring?. In the picture 4 I see somewhting being heal above the lens...what is that?. And what / how is the piece of license plate being used for? dont see it it pictures.. Pictures are confusing...do I see an Allen wrench? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Gurnari View Post
        Thanks..BUT, HOW do you remove the lens ring?. In the picture 4 I see somewhting being heal above the lens...what is that?. And what / how is the piece of license plate being used for? dont see it it pictures.. Pictures are confusing...do I see an Allen wrench? Thanks
        Jeff, that is a homemade lens spanner wrench. A manufactured one looks like this:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	lens spanner wrench.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	75939

A lens spanner wrench, or just lens spanner, is a tool for removal of notched lens retaining rings. It is used to take apart and reasemble lenses, large format shutters, various camera retainers and optical devices.

Comment

Oh, it needs some space to slide out..I was tring to unscrew an dig it out... thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Gurnari View Post
            Oh, it needs some space to slide out..I was tring to unscrew an dig it out... thanks
            It should unscrew using the tool. Take it to a camera shop and see what they say, or if they can clean it for you. If you where trying to "dig it out", the thread on the lens barrel may be damaged beyond repair.

Comment

Working...
            X