Need help with sears super 8 reel not spinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with sears super 8 reel not spinning

Hi everyone, new to this forum. I just bought a Sears dual 8 super 8 projector. The lamp, fan, and belt all work. When in rewind the front reel spins as it should. When I turn it to motor or lamp and motor the rear (what I call the take-up reel does not spin). Trying to watch some of my grandma's old movies, she just passed a few days ago. I am including photos, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your machine is branded a Sears but it is actually a GAF projector. I think the problem is that the rubber tire in the upper right corner is missing. You can usually get these on eBay. If you do a search on eBay Gaf belts you will probably see some photos of that section.

Comment

Norman
      You didn't quote your model number.
      Click below.
      There are many belts for sale, each marked by their relevant model number.
      It's a good idea to replace all belts as they tend to stretch over time. They often may have formed themselves "egg shaped".
      sears projector belts for sale | eBay

Comment

Originally posted by Maurice Leakey View Post
        Norman
        You didn't quote your model number.
        Click below.
        There are many belts for sale, each marked by their relevant model number.
        It's a good idea to replace all belts as they tend to stretch over time. They often may have formed themselves "egg shaped".
        sears projector belts for sale | eBay
        I looked everywhere for a model number. I started thinking maybe it was before sears had more than 1 model 🤔 🤣.

Comment

Norman
          I have done some researching and I suggest it is Model 9230.
          Click below, and then click above on Instruction Manual number 9230 for full details, including the picture which looks like yours.
          What do you think?
          super 8 database, projectors sears (filmkorn.org)

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
            X