Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Korvette Instdual Projector

Good Morning!

I'm a new member. I have a Korvette Instdual and the film is stuck in the film channel. The projector was purchased in another state (2 and 1/2 hours away), and I was unable to locate a repair person in my area. Any suggestions or guidance that any member may have would be greatly appreciated, I Thank You in advance

Lisa,

Could you please post a picture of where the film is stuck? Thanks.

Comment

Good Afternoon Mr. Meltzer,
      Thank You So Much for your assistance in creating a new thread so that I may obtain guidance with the Instdual projector. I'm writing this message on a poor quality laptop computer, and the pictures it takes are also of poor quality. When I get some free time (perhaps next week), I can investigate another way to post a picture so that I may better show where the film is stuck. Thank You again for your assistance, hopefully, I'm able to figure out a better methods of illustrating where the issue is occurring.

Comment

Good Afternoon: I have attached pictures of where the film is stuck in the projector. Any suggestions for freeing the film would be greatly appreciated. I Thank Everyone in advance for their assistance.
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not familiar with this model machine. However, I would think most machines would have easy access to the film path by removing the cover. Be careful as this is usually done by door hinge or plastic pieces that work together to snap in place. Once broken, hard to fix. When the cover is removed, you should be able to use needle nose pliers, modified paper clips, very tiny flat head screwdriver, to grab the film and remove it.

Use even more caution when re-connecting the cover to snap in place assemblies. All projectors can be different - so think this one carefully before attempting.

Comment

Here are details and photo of this projector.
            It would seem that the left side cover, or is it a double cover, probably pulls off towards the operator.
            super 8 database, e j korvette projectors (filmkorn.org)

Comment

Hello Mr. Leakey,
              Thank You SO Much for your reply. The picture in the link you sent is exactly the model that I have. Do you have any suggestions on the best method to pull the cover off so that I leave the projector intact? Thank You in advance for your advice.

Comment

Lisa

You must appreciate that I do not know your projector, only having seen the photo.

It will be necessary to examine the cover, first of all to see if it's one large cover, or perhaps, two separate ones. There may be some indications of their removal, maybe, somewhere to pull.

You could see if there are any places where you could insert a thin tool, like a narrow screwdriver, to insert down the side at what seems a reasonable spot to gently lever it off. Perhaps going all round. There may be some form of tags which clip together, and when pulled will slowly part.

When you do get the cover/s off you will be able to see how they fix so that they can be resited correctly.

This is a dual gauge projector. You must set the slider for the same gauge of film that you are loading. Regular 8 or Super 8. Note that regular 8 is also known as standard 8.

Comment

Working...
                X