Dirty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty!

Eww. Just cleaned the film path of my Elmo. Should probably do this more often. Although I didn’t clean it since I bought it, so I have no idea if the previous owner(s) cleaned it. Apparently not.

It is amazing how quite a significant percentage of collectors NEVER ever clean their films or projectors. A quick puff or air from the pressurised canister is the most they ever do.

Comment

I clean the film path before each use of the projector. It only takes a few seconds to help stop anything in the gate or on the rollers from scratching those precious prints.

Comment

As well as giving the GS1200 gate etc a clean before running a film through it, I also give the projector a blast of air every so often
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P1330076.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	76285

Comment

Originally posted by Graham Ritchie View Post
          As well as giving the GS1200 gate etc a clean before running a film through it, I also give the projector a blast of air every so often
          Click image for larger version

Name:	P1330076.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	76285

That would certainly blow the Dingleberries away.

Comment

Originally posted by Douglas Meltzer View Post
            I clean the film path before each use of the projector. It only takes a few seconds to help stop anything in the gate or on the rollers from scratching those precious prints.
            If only everybody was as clean Doug.

Comment

As well as regular cleans with cotton buds and head cleaner, I quickly wipe the film path with a lint free cloth and give it a quick blast of compressed air...before every reel! Always have done.

Comment

When I was a kid I was constantly cleaning the cheap GAF projector I had at time. I need to instill this need for clean as an old fart with better projectors now. 😂

Comment

Working...
                X