Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer T 610 seized control switch

Hi all,

I got a Bauer T 610 that has been in storage for quite some time (decades?). I cannot move the control switch (neither left nor right). It appears to be seized. Any tips?

thanks

Hi!

is the projector connected to the power line, set to the correct voltage/frequency and the main switch set to „on“?

Jörg

Comment

Originally posted by Joerg Polzfusz View Post
      Hi!

is the projector connected to the power line, set to the correct voltage/frequency and the main switch set to „on“?

Jörg
      Yes, the projector appears barely used, which I believe could be the problem. I don’t want to force it too much as the plastic might break.

it doesn’t move nor left nor right

Comment

Well, as the „working light“ is on, everything should be okay. So there’s most likely somewhere some grease/oil that turned to stone (due to its age and not being used). Unfortunately, I have not got a service manual. And luckily, I didn’t have this problem on my T610 so far. Hence I am afraid that I cannot help here. When you cannot see anything from the „control panel side“, then you’ll have to open the projector from the other side and check for yourself. (Be careful with this: After removing the screws, the cover can only be moved by a few centimeters as the loudspeakers are part of that cover. And the cables between loudspeakers and the projector‘s main part are very short.)

BTW: There’s one more thing to be checked: is the „program“ switch set to „off“? Otherwise the internal microcomputer might interfere and block some functions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BE3EF214-F344-4EC5-A6EE-FD330C867406.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	76675

Comment

I had this exact same problem. It isn’t an electronics problem but a mechanical one if its like mine. Another forum member here told me the fix. The problem may be the grease has hardened and now is stuck in place. It is causing the gears to not be able to move into the correct position. What I did was move the knob back and forth little by little till it gives making sure not to break the knob. Eventually it started to loosen up and all was well. Good luck!
          Last edited by Alan Rik; March 15, 2023, 11:19 AM. Reason: Further clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Rik View Post
            I had this exact same problem. It isn’t an electronics problem but a mechanical one if its like mine. Another forum member here told me the fix. The problem may be the grease has hardened and now is stuck in place. It is causing the gears to not be able to move into the correct position. What I did was move the knob back and forth little by little till it gives making sure not to break the knob. Eventually it started to loosen up and all was well. Good luck!
            I hope this is the problem. I will try with something other than the knob (these machines have bad reputation for plastics lol).

just to confirm - normally thé knob can be moved even if the machine is not powered on? Or it must be powered on?

Comment

Martin
              Van Eck can supply operating and service manuals for the T610
              They might give some help with this complicated and up-market model.
              Spare part finder – Van Eck Video Services (van-eck.net)

Comment

Originally posted by Joerg Polzfusz View Post
                Well, as the „working light“ is on, everything should be okay. So there’s most likely somewhere some grease/oil that turned to stone (due to its age and not being used). Unfortunately, I have not got a service manual. And luckily, I didn’t have this problem on my T610 so far. Hence I am afraid that I cannot help here. When you cannot see anything from the „control panel side“, then you’ll have to open the projector from the other side and check for yourself. (Be careful with this: After removing the screws, the cover can only be moved by a few centimeters as the loudspeakers are part of that cover. And the cables between loudspeakers and the projector‘s main part are very short.)

BTW: There’s one more thing to be checked: is the „program“ switch set to „off“? Otherwise the internal microcomputer might interfere and block some functions.

Name:	BE3EF214-F344-4EC5-A6EE-FD330C867406.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	76675
                Can you confirm on your unit if the switch moves even if it’s powered off?

Comment

I tired jiggling it for few minutes- it didn’t make any difference. How much time you spent before it started loosening up?

I would spray some wd40, but I don’t see where the seizure could be…

Comment

Name:	D096CC49-C0BA-4DAF-B456-53E9CF5D2F7B.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	76715 It took me about 20 minutes or so. The knob should be able to move regardless if the unit is powered on or not. The seizure if I remember correctly is near where the sprockets are. Near where the film leaves the machine towards the back. You will notice that when you are moving the knob the metal linkage system will try to move but it cant. I remember thinking too that It was going to break but then slowly but surely, rocking it back and forth it started to move, little by little. Finally it was freed and could move on its own. If that is the problem you are having then thats what worked for my machine. If you can take the plastic Main Knob off then possibly you can use pliers to move the gear so that you don’t break the plastic.

Comment

Name:	D096CC49-C0BA-4DAF-B456-53E9CF5D2F7B.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	76715 It took me about 20 minutes or so. The knob should be able to move regardless if the unit is powered on or not. The seizure if I remember correctly is near where the sprockets are. Near where the film leaves the machine towards the back. You will notice that when you are moving the knob the metal linkage system will try to move but it cant. I remember thinking too that It was going to break but then slowly but surely, rocking it back and forth it started to move, little by little. Finally it was freed and could move on its own. If that is the problem you are having then thats what worked for my machine. If you can take the plastic Main Knob off then possibly you can use pliers to move the gear so that you don’t break the plastic.
                      I had to be more drastic- removed the board, then removed the washer that holds comb-like metal piece.

Then bent the comb up - they round gear moved up freely.

then used a bit or force on the comb (put a screw driver in the hole and hit the screw driver with my hand).

now it’s loosened a bit and moves about 1cm, but it’s very difficult.

will keep trying

Comment

Hi!
                        You are correct: I can move the knob #5 even when #15 is set to „off“ and when the projector is disconnected from the power line.
                        (Sorry! Too many different projectors. But please don’t tell my wife that​ I admitted that!)

Name:	8E1370CF-96C3-4680-8C10-3F28A7945587.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	76750

Comment

Update - the « comb » piece extends all the way to the front of the projector. I cleaned it as much as so could - even there is a section that needs to be cleaned from the back.

now I have a problem putting the black retainer on the top of the washer - any tips how to put it back??? It keeps falling off

Comment

Hello Martin,
                            Picture : Position of the main switch when threading:
                            To the right of the black lever and the roller on the left: You see the white lever with the hole. This lever often get stuck ( it looks like a little Mickey Mouse ear ). You can move it back and forth with a stick of wood in the hole. If you can only move this lever back and forth with force, you have to oil and move the lever back and forth enough times that it moves easily.

That this lever is stuck is a known​ fault of the Click image for larger version

Name:	Bauer projector stuck.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	76766 Bauer machines- maybe also with your machine

Comment

Working...
                            X