Castle films Travelogue - which one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castle films Travelogue - which one ?

Hello fellow members, I am trying to find out what the first Super 8 film was that I ever saw. Back in 1977 a local
    photography shop let me borrow a second hand Eumig 807D projector and a film to see if I liked them. The film was very
    enjoyable, but since then I have often wondered which one it was.

It was a Castle Film release on Super 8 Colour Sound, 200’ long. It was a travelogue of a tropical island with hula dancing and a tour around the island but i can’t be sure wether it was Hawaii or not. There was a tune playing in part of the film which was
    Lili Burlero​‘. It will be difficult to work it out from such limited information. But if anyone knows what it was could they
    tell me and possibly put a scan of the front cover on the forum. The 8mm database does not have it.

Many thanks.

There are two Castles in colour which seem to fit the bill:-
    "Hawaii, State of Paradise"
    Or, more likely "Hawaii, the Enchanted Isles"
    The latter had a long life as it was later re-issued by Universal 8.

Comment

Thanks Maurice, following your information I found both on you tube. It was ‘Hawaii The Enchanted Isles’ this was only available
      on YouTube in black and white. I don’t suppose Super 8 colour prints of this are still around, and are probably pink all over.

Comment

I'm glad to be of help, Phil.

Comment

Maurice, you really are a mine of information and an asset to this forum.

Comment

Working...
          X