Lamp Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamp Problem

I have been transferring quite a lot of standard and super 8 home movies to DVD recently using my Eumig 810D projector. I replaced the 12v 100w original lamp with a Xenophot HLX EFP by OSRAM because the reflector of the original was becoming discoloured and affecting the brightness of the image. The replacement die not last very long and on removing it found that the rear was covered in what looked like black carbon and the white "Ceramic" holding the lamp in the reflector was also pitted and blackened. A second replacement went the same way. Has anyone else had this problem. Is this one for Lee Mannering? Are Xenophots too hot for the Eumig 810D or do I have a faulty batch of lamps. They were purchased a few years ago at one of the cine fairs. Cannot remeber which one. Ken Finch.

Ken
    It's probably time to renew the lamp holder, after all, it's been taking 8.4 amps for a long time through quite small pins.

Maurice

Comment

I second that! I had a similar problem on a Eumig projector some years back. I replaced 2 bulbs in a short amount of time. When I took the second bulb out, and had a look, the lamp holder was black. The pin sockets were all discolored, as were the pins on the bulb. So I decided to replace the lamp holder and that fixed the issue.
      I would check those bulbs as they may not have burned out. The connector itself is probably shot and after it malfunctioned it blackened the pins on the bulb. See if the filament is still intact. If so clean off the blackened pins and after replacing the connector try those bulbs again.

Comment

I'm also in agreement with that, new lamp holder required.

Comment

Working...
        X