No announcement yet.

Elmo purchase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Shane, I dont think i'll find the perfect machine, just a better quality one (image and sound), but i do agree with you 100% that the older Eumig range are perefect for the home movies, and i,ll add the digest movies on 200 and 400 reels of which I have a fair number of.
    I was looking at the Bauer range as people say how quite they are but I cant find a model that takes the 1200 foot reels.
    Thank you for the replies, im guessing there arnt as many Eumig users out there as i thought.
    Last edited by Alan Myers; March 31, 2023, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I thought I would just update this thread. A few interesting possibilities in both Eumig, Elmo and also Sankyo. I saw a couple of nice Eumig 9 series machines but as I have since found out, these are starting to suffer with the worm gear, a job I wouldn't want to have to be right and not something I would even think about replacing myself. The dealer did warn me that while a company call Van Ek sell replacement versions they make from 3D printing, these are apparently considerably noisier than the original. That now rules out the Eumig range, those 9 series machines do look very nice too but are only an 800ft capacity, I think I could live with that but not the worn gears problem which I've been told are now becoming more common. I guess as ALL projectors are getting on a bit this will be the biggest problem.

I was also offered a Sankyo 800 which looked to be very nice machine but this particular one was over priced at 450.

I am soon to take delivery of an Elmo ST1200HD, I have taken the plunge, the price is very good and the dealer is supplying me with an 800 and a 1200 take up reel and also a set of belts which I thought was very decent of him, it has been serviced by the dealers engineer, who this is this appears to be a big secret, I assume to make sure I go back via the dealer in future
      The upshot of the decision is, F1:1 lens, 150w bulb, large reel capacity and, from what I have seen on this forum, (and its older reference forum), they seem much harder wearing and have one of the best sound outputs. I understand that the green guide that causes the scratching problem was replaced with a new one six months ago.
      Does anyone know where I can get a spare one of these guides?
      I have downloaded the instructions manual and also a service book which is quite a read. Good for references but not something I would want to have a go at myself.

Going back to the Eumig 9 series, this image sent to me is why I stayed well away as well as those awful slider controls.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Worm gear.png Views:	0 Size:	865.9 KB ID:	78057

Last edited by Alan Myers; April 10, 2023, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X