Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie question - films too small to fit onto projector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question - films too small to fit onto projector?

Question, apologies I'm rather new to all this. So now I have a working projector.... But some of the 8mm reels i have don't seem to fit my projector. I know these must have been played in the past so I assume i'm either missing an adaptor or just being plain dumb.

The centre hole of the films are too small to fit on the feed reel.

holes in the films are roughly 8mm diameter and the feed reel on the projector is about 14-15mm diameter.

What's my next step?

right... i'm there. It's super 8 vs standard 8mm....

Does anyone know if the Eumig Mark-S Super 8 can play standard 8mm or was this just a super8 only projector?

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Brierley View Post
      Does anyone know if the Eumig Mark-S Super 8 can play standard 8mm or was this just a super8 only projector?
      If it's written only super 8, I'm afraid it's a single gauge. When it's a dual gauge projector, it's written super 8/ standard 8 (not to be confused with single 8 which is anither name for super 8 when it comes to protection).

Comment

It's a Super 8 only projector and can not run standard 8mm film.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Banfield View Post
          It's a Super 8 only projector and can not run standard 8mm film.
          thanks Joseph for clarity.
          I guess some of these films outdate even the projector.

Good news is i'm getting them all digitally converted (professionally) anyway, so I guess I'll have to wait a little longer on the standard 8mm to watch those ones.

Comment

Nigel, just a thought.Have you checked that the film on the standard 8 spools are standard or super 8? I have done quite a bit of transferring films to dvd for various people who have inherited family home movies and this is quite a common occurrence. Ken Finch.😊

Comment

Working...
            X