Bauer T 610 Keeps blowing 2.5a fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer T 610 Keeps blowing 2.5a fuse

As I was able to fix the seized switch on the projector, I run into another issue - it keeps blowing the 2.5A fuse At the moment I turn the power on. The little light at the front stays on (it’s on another fuse). Obviously, the motor doesn’t spin.

The dial at the back is set to 120v, which is the standard for Canada. Any ideas?
    Attached Files

I had a similar situation with one of mine. It was a few years ago and I don’t recall the specifics. I changed the larger Capacitors easily visible with rear cover removed. Van Eck supply a kit with suitable replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Hilliker View Post
      I had a similar situation with one of mine. It was a few years ago and I don’t recall the specifics. I changed the larger Capacitors easily visible with rear cover removed. Van Eck supply a kit with suitable replacements.
      Thanks, I ordered a set (there was only 1 left in stock).

Were yours visibly damaged? Mine don’t appear bulging, leaking etc

Comment

Hi Martin. There were no obvious signs of failure on the exterior.
        I’ve had a few of these projectors and most have required the same repair.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EBC18959-51A6-456F-8D12-591EDAD9134A.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	78704 Click image for larger version

Name:	DD61D339-4D89-4018-8FAF-04A72F517841.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	78705 Click image for larger version

Name:	9A68BB1A-1D4E-4F0A-A1D9-5DAFAF8D05FB.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	78706 Click image for larger version

Name:	B7D9CB74-37F9-437D-AF26-BD8D38D74DDC.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	78707 Click image for larger version

Name:	92DD3C5B-7F50-4F03-8C95-640BD9AF7DFB.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	78708

now the result - I finally got it to spin but ONLY at the start position- see the video here.

https://youtu.be/lIgxmAxZ5LY

What could be the problem? One of the remaining caps?

thanks

Comment

I changed all the rest, including the extra cap on the top left green board, and it still wasn’t working.

Then after plugging and unplugging things and trying random stuff it magically appears that it is working now. Don’t have a good bulb to fully test it, should have one tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Side note, is it normal that is so much more quit than the st1200hd, or my st1200hd needs cleaning?

Comment

Martin, these are INCREDIBLY quiet compared to any other super 8 projector. I'm fortunate to have one that Stu did a capacitor swap for me, and it's by far the sweetest sounding projector I own. I'd say it goes Bauer > Eumig > Beaulieu > Elmo, but it's Bauer by some distance!

Comment

I totally agree with you Stuart. The are indeed extremely quiet compared to most other projectors. However the Agfa LS is also very quiet. Probably because its mechanism is a simplified version of the Bauer and has a mono amp. I did advertise it for sale on the forum some time ago but had no takers, possibly because it was buyer collect. Also took it up to Group 9.5 Bring and Buy a couple of times. I cannot do that any more because of my advanced years. Ken Finch. 😔

Comment

Working...
                X