How many are sold? - Beaulieu 708 Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many are sold? - Beaulieu 708 Studio

Beaulieu started with their Studio 708 models around 1993.
    Thats after the collapsing of Super8 film.

How many of those later Studio versions are made?

I had a customer that bought a 4K Videoprojector by me and he told me he bought probably the last model from them in 1999.
    He got a tour of the factory and he and the tourguy were the only ones in the building.
    His Beaulieu 708 Studio was specially made with all the bells and wissles you can think of like 16:9 / 4x3 digital counter and all.
    He would not sell it to me.
    He filmed on Super8 under water and the quallity of his films are superb.
    He showed me a digital transfered version on my demo 4K JVC.

Originally posted by Matthieu van der Sluis View Post
    He got a tour of the factory and he and the tourguy were the only ones in the building.

He showed me a digital transfered version on my demo 4K JVC.
    There is a legend story among the film shooters that the entire Beaulieu invetories were bought by someone in Sweden and he then provided a repairing business. I heard he closed his service just recently.

I am interested to see his shot.. is this available in Youtube?

Comment

Not sure if I received it by mail, before he came back to collect his 4K projector, or that we watched it together.
      I remember,... it was the afternoon just before the borders closed, because of Covid, so they were right on time.
      An interresting Belgium couple, because they did diving and filming together.
      A match made in heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Winbert Hutahaean View Post
        There is a legend story among the film shooters that the entire Beaulieu invetories were bought by someone in Sweden and he then provided a repairing business. I heard he closed his service just recently.
        Björn Andersson The master of the Beaulieus – super8.tv

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post
          Yes that's the one. In fact I just knew Björn Andersson is also member of this forum. You can in touch with him here: Bjorn Andersson

Comment

Thanks for that link.

Comment

Working...
            X