Bulb replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulb replacement

While waiting for my set of caps, I am shopping for replacement bulb.

Old bulb was OSRAM 64634, but I want something with longer life.

Will Phillips 249235 work as a replacement?

Hi Martin,
    I think looking at the specs that the Philips should work. The Philips is slightly warmer in colour temperature and was probably designed for use in dental equipment and yes I suspect the light output will be lower especially given the 500hrs compared to the 50hrs of the Osram lamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Faulkner View Post
      Hi Martin,
      I think looking at the specs that the Philips should work. The Philips is slightly warmer in colour temperature and was probably designed for use in dental equipment and yes I suspect the light output will be lower especially given the 500hrs compared to the 50hrs of the Osram lamp.
      There is also the 500 hours version 64620 of the osram bulb, which is rated for 500 hours?

Comment

That should work as well but with less light output.

Comment

Hello, Kevin
          Welcome to the Forum.

Comment

Less light output should have positive impact on the longevity of the film, correct?

Comment

First of all Thanks Maurice for welcoming me back to the forum. It's been a long time.

Back to the lamps. Yes reduced light output will probably have a positive impact on longevity of films but I think it will be extremely negligible unless you're thinking of showing the same film hundreds of time. To be quite honest I would get as much light through your films onto the screen and enjoy the experience. With low light on the screen you will not show the vibrancy of colour or the contrast of b/w film.

Comment

Working...
              X