Grease 2 ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease 2 ....

OK, a footnote in history, not a big hit, but it did make it onto super 8, I think at the last minute, so to speak. What is the history on this print?

I was about to say possibly as an optical release but something stuck in my head that Marketing did bring it out in some format. 🤮🤮🤮 There seems to be discussion whether test prints were ever made. This was 1983.

As mentioned in previously thread up there with Nude Bomb and Disco Beaver as total 💩💩💩

https://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-b...=005690#000000

Click image for larger version  Name:	7CA1BC51-B43B-463A-9DFD-1B145DDD4913.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	78710

Comment

A collector in Germany does have a print, digitized it, so that another collector was able to send the file to Italy for printing it directly to Super 8. I haven’t seen it, and I do not think I have to. Here’s a text to it you would have to translate via Google: http://www.super8rezensionen.de/rezent905.htm

Comment

I like Michelle Pfeiffer but have deliberately avoided ever watching this movie. I made the mistake with Jaws 2 and wish to not repeat. Interesting that it did appear on 8mm. Star Trek Wrath of Khan is another late Marketing print.

Comment

I've never seen a print of Khan, but I heard somewhere along the line, that a print or two was struck. Another fairly rare, late print was "The Final Countdown", about an aircraft carrier that travels back in time to right before Pearl Harbor and the debate that they have as to whether to come into contact with Pearl Harbor and help them avoid catastrophie, or not get involved and allow the disaster to happen. A decent Twilight Zone style film. I believe it was a 3X400ft.

Comment

Wrath of Khan is definitely about. I saw it at a collectors cinema and it has appeared on lists. Final Countdown was that a 400 digest? That’s the one with Kirk Douglas.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EBA3B641-3ECF-4714-9A09-99D960A5C4DB.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	78766 Yes out there 3x400 Marketing.I would suspect it is in German . Is there a 400 digest in English Walton.

Click image for larger version  Name:	228CB67C-E491-462D-AD4E-BEAF01F73403.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.1 KB ID:	78762 Click image for larger version  Name:	4106EBAF-55CC-4F78-AE8B-D70A1EE5E6EC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	78763

Comment

I saw 'Grease 2' at the cinema back when it was released. They say that lightning never strikes the same place twice. Yup, they were right. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Paterson View Post
                  I saw 'Grease 2' at the cinema back when it was released. They say that lightning never strikes the same place twice. Yup, they were right. :-)
                  It sure didn’t. Bad timing on its release . Going up against ET , Star Trek Wrath of Khan and Rocky III. They apparently plan it to be a franchise of four movies. The 3rd and 4th set in the 1960s. Wasn’t helped by Travolta and Newton John passing on it and basically being a retread of 1st movie. They were still talking about further sequel movies up-to Olivia’s death.

I did notice a Pink Ladies television series on one of the subscription channels. Think it might have been Paramount. It of course was 2023 remake with a diverse cast so beared no resemblance to reality. Can’t remember if it was drama or musical.

Comment

Working...
                  X