The Muppet Movie ... Feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Muppet Movie ... Feature?

I have just seen a feature copy of this on super 8, from a reputable seller, and I was surprised as, until now, I didn't even know that this was ever released on super 8 as a feature. Sadly, the print has fading color. Who released this as a feature, on super 8? I know that Walton Films released the digests.

I would have thought optical only but just shows. No idea who released it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234993710689

Comment

I didn't know it existed either. As Mike says its probably optical and possibly an Airline print.

Comment

Possibly an Optical print that has been striped.

Comment

I’m aware of Little Shop of Horrors and Woman in Red optical prints being magnetically striped and recorded so that is the likely answer. The others were good colours but The Muppets is 1979 which would explain the fade.

Comment

I have “Little Shop of Horrors” and it has faded as well. Most optical prints have faded. Some red some brown. Every once in a blue moon you see a non faded Optical but that is rare.

Comment

Reply from seller:
              "Released by Associated Film Distribution. Leader says Marble Arch (Marble Aren?). Mono. Mylar. Optical sound, not magnetic. Color turned with a little color remaining"

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Rik View Post
                I have “Little Shop of Horrors” and it has faded as well. Most optical prints have faded. Some red some brown. Every once in a blue moon you see a non faded Optical but that is rare.
                Yes , it was about 30 years ago LOL

Comment

It has taken quite awhile and extensive searching, but I'd say that at least 80 or more percent of 70 or more optical sound features have vintage color, but then, once I get a "keeper" of a optical feature, I immediately put the print into "cold storage", (refrigeration), with freezer bags with Selica gel packs.

Comment

Working...
                  X