T610 film loading problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T610 film loading problem

So the CPR project seems to never finish.

after unjamming the seized front, changing all the caps, etc, it seemed like it was as finally good to go.

however, the film jams at the circled in red area in the attached photo.

I wonder if the section there is still partially seized? I am a bit reluctant to take the front parts completely apart

anything else to try?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3892.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	80033

Hi Martin. An obvious question but is the film properly trimmed?
    If so, I would think the threading mechanism is still not behaving. One of mine had a similar issue which was only evident when compared to a fully operational 610. This was fixed by re-lubricating as much of the mechanism as possible and lots of use of the main control knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Hilliker View Post
      Hi Martin. An obvious question but is the film properly trimmed?
      If so, I would think the threading mechanism is still not behaving. One of mine had a similar issue which was only evident when compared to a fully operational 610. This was fixed by re-lubricating as much of the mechanism as possible and lots of use of the main control knob.
      I used the st1200hd front trimmer and the same film threads fine through the 1200 projector.

Did you completely remove the front mechanism or try to oil behind it without removing?

Comment

I simply lubricated the areas I could reach. I also repeatedly moved any moving parts, particularly the black guide directly below the gate. It wasn’t an immediate fix but eventually worked.

Comment

What Stu said, operate the machine from Off to Load to Run and back again many, many, many times. It'll help loosen the mechanism. You can do this with the machine turned off so you're not constantly striking the lamp.

Comment

Working...
          X