Quallity 800" Reels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quallity 800" Reels

I'm looking for beautifull 800" Reels compareable with the Elmo 1200" Reels.
    Do they excist?
    I'm thinking of maybe cutting my 1200" films and transfer them to 800" Reels with the first part having a shorty to start with.
    I have to buy 800 reels and metalic 16mm cans for that to put those 2 reels together.

The Old Film Company, here in the UK, have official used Elmo Super 8 800ft spools for £24.99 each. Click, and scroll down.
    " THE THRILL OF REEL FILM" (theoldfilmcompany.com)

Comment

Thanks for the link.
      The Elmo reels I have, but they are not to get in a 800" version do they?
      The Motion picture Enterprises reels come close to that look, but I think he only has 1.

Which 800" reels do you like to use most?

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu van der Sluis View Post
        Thanks for the link.
        The Elmo reels I have, but they are not to get in a 800" version do they?
        I'm not sure I understand your question. Maurice gave a link to Elmo 800 ft spools.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Motion 800ft.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	80199

Comment

Matthieu
          I only have one 800ft Super 8 spool which came with a projector.
          It is all black with markings in metres and feet, but, surprisingly, there is no name on it.
          However, I do have the same in 600ft and it is marked as "CARL SCHNEIDER K G"

Thanks to Dominque.

Comment

Wittner-Cinetec sells 800 FT gray plastic reels. I have these reels in the 400 FT version, and they are well built, and strong!

​​​​​​https://www.wittnercinetec.com/epage.../Products/1023

Comment

My favorite reels are the white Elmo 800 footers. They are always perfectly straight and look nice mounted on a projector. In a more perfect world, Elmo would have made them in all the sizes smaller than 800' as well!

Gepe made 800 foot reels which are close to a copy of the Elmo 800 Footers. They are identical except for the fact that the Gepes have footage information molded in, they are dark gray instead of white and they come in those nice Gepe cases.

Comment

My favourite 800ft spools are the white plastic Elmo spools. For a 800ft take-up spool the Sankyo black plastic spools win hands down. It's fairly heavy and auto loads every time on the GS1200 machines as well as on the Sankyo 800 stereo. I don't know if they were available as a separate item or were only supplied with the Sankyo projectors.

Comment

I believe that GEPE are still available. I have quite a few and yes they are good reels

Comment

They still make the 200, 300 and 400 Foot reels, but it looks like the 600 and 800 Foot reels are no more.

Geep Reels (down below)

The 400s are available from B&H as a special order: 2-4 Week delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominique De Bast View Post

I'm not sure I understand your question. Maurice gave a link to Elmo 800 ft spools.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Motion 800ft.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.4 KB ID:	80199
                      Ahh yes, those look perfect.

And thanks you Maurice.
                      It looks like I cannot order order there.

Comment

Working...
                      X