Bell & Howell SR33 Projector--No Reverse/Rewind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Howell SR33 Projector--No Reverse/Rewind

TYPO--Bell & Howell 33SR--The projector worked find until it suddenly stopped reversing. All belts etc. look fine. It plays films with no issue. I checked the forward/reverse control knob and it connects to a nylon cam gear in a silver metal box that has a leaf type electrical switch. It does move the switch but there is nothing happening. I am thinking is has to be something electrical but nothing visually looks out of place. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jerry Coleman; May 07, 2023, 08:54 PM.

Most projectors with a DC motor and control circuit have the constant voltage switch the voltage polarity to the motor with microswitches. The fact that forward projection is ok suggests that one of the micro switches has failed so that reverse is not working. Yes you will have to look at any microswitches that the main cam operates when you select reverse.

Comment

Thanks Kevin, I will look into the switches and see if that takes care of the problem.

Comment

Update--I found a dirty microswitch and resolved the problem with a goood cleaning. The projector runs fine now in reverse and forward. I have a new issue. The projector is running at 24 fps no matter what postion the speed switch is in, 18 fps or 24 fps. Any ideas on this one. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X