GS1200 Xenon Lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS1200 Xenon Lamps

I know a lot of people have been trying to get hold of Ugo Grassi with regard to the Xenon lamps he had made which have turned out to be excellent in quality.
    Ive also tried to get hold of Ugo via various routes but alas with no results. I know that Ugo is now a senator and gave up the hobby due to his full time commitments so it's not surprising that he doesn't really have time to communicate on these issues.
    I do however now have the details of the company that made these lamps for him and they are based in China. He gave those details to another colleague of mine so I am prepared to contact them to see if it's possible to have another batch of these made.
    I have had a test lamp in my GS1200 Xenon now for a very long time in place of the original Toshiba lamp and it's still running great to this day. It's still strikes first time another is no flicker or any other artefacts during projection. My machine gets used from time to time at the film club I belong to and when its used it will be running for about 3 1/2 hours each time so its got some hours on it now.
    Anyway to cut to the chase: If I do manage to pull off another batch of these will there be members interested?
    I did put a post on Facebook about this and a few came forward and yes I know cost is everything but don't know what that would be at the moment.

Your thought please.

Yes count me in. I also got in touch with Ugo. He sold all the remaining lamps he had but he wished us well!

Comment

Yes, i,ll take 2.

Comment

I would go for two also...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Faulkner View Post
          Ive also tried to get hold of Ugo via various routes but alas with no results. I know that Ugo is now a senator and gave up the hobby due to his full time commitments so it's not surprising that he doesn't really have time to communicate on these issues.
          Ugo is just replying to @Ignacio's post in FB so he is still in the hobby.

Comment

Hello Kevin

we would take 4 lamps.
            If needed for a minimum order even some more.

have 4 projectors from archive cinemas in service...

Christopher

Comment

I'd take one of these please.

Comment

Hello Kevin, I am interested in buying one. Thanks

Comment

Ugo is working on getting some of the great Xenon Bulb clones that he said are much better than the Superior Quartz. This is great news for those of us who have Xenon GS1200's. As I hear more news I'll post here or Ugo may post here directly if this comes to fruition. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I would be interested also. There was also talk some time ago of remanufacuring reflectors for the GS1200 Xenon. I'd be interested in purchasign a space if they ever matrialise.

Comment

Put me down for at least one

Comment

Working...
                      X