Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bell & Howell 483A Runs Too Slowly - Can't Fix - Recommended Repair Shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bell & Howell 483A Runs Too Slowly - Can't Fix - Recommended Repair Shops?

A few months ago I wrote about my attempt to fix my old Bell & Howell 483A:

Bell & Howell 483A Tire Replacement

I was never able to get it to run at full speed despite installing a new belt and the two main drive tires. I think something needs to be adjusted or lubricated, but even with the service manual, I can't figure it out.

Does anyone have recommendations of a service shop that might be able to fix this? I live on the Central Coast in California.

Thanks!

I would love to find a repair person around here as well. I live in Marina near you!

Comment

When you said you were local in Marina, that somehow made me think of McCune. They are still in business and have always been the place to rent A/V equipment. They might still have a few 16mm projectors and would therefore know where to get such things serviced. I'll give them a call this afternoon.

I get up to the city fairly often, so I'll start looking up there.

It is amazing how quickly service for old equipment has disappeared. This includes things like tube testers. I repair old tube equipment and even up in Silicon Valley, there are no longer any public tube testers available, even for rent.

Thanks for chiming in. Even though you didn't have a recommendation, the fact that you are local but don't know of a place to service projectors is actually quite useful.

Comment

Working...
      X