Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 807D Dual 8mm Sound Projector

Hi Everyone

I'll try not to fill up the 8mm forum with too many threads on a bunch of super 8 projectors I have recently bought! Whilst waiting for some parts for the Elmo I previously discussed some days ago I decided to look at the next one which is a Eumig 807D.

Initial inspection shows it is very mucky and had also pulled in many feet of film into the casing at one point. It is however complete and the claw is in good condition, I know these can easily be damaged by changing over the film gates for super/standard 8. Anyway, I gave it a quick clean down and ran some of my test film through it. The results weren't great initially.

The biggest problem seems to be that the claw doesn't engage with the sprocket holes correctly, there'll be a few periods where it engages fine and runs well but it soon reverts back to missing causing the smeared/out of sync effect. I presume this is likely due to old grease and a build up if muck on the claw mechanism so that's where I'll start my investigations.

The second problem is no sound. The amplifier works and produces an audible hum with the volume increased. The sound head switching has exposed contacts in this model so a quick poke with a screwdriver on one of the contacts produced a very loud buzz, it seems everything from the sound head switch to the speaker is okay so likely a fault with the head unit which is a shame. I'll have to try and source a replacement if this seems the likely cause - which do far it does.

Hopefully with those two faults cured it will make a nice projector, has anybody had any experience with similar faults as described above?

Are you sure that the presure pad is actually pressing the stripe against the head? I have a projector where the pad broke and thus has no sound.

Comment

Check to see if the upper sprocket is not slipping on its spindle. If you can turn it it's slipping and will cause your first problem.

Comment

Working...
      X