Eumig LOVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig LOVE!

OK, I know that there are those that have not had the best experiences with the Eumig, but I can tell you personally, that I can't stop singing the praises of these wonderful workhorses! It is and has always been my go to projector for everyday projections. The main 926 I use, I have been using for 15 years, and aside from replacing the lamp and cleaning the film gate, it has never been a problem whatsoever. High hopes in my soon to arrive 940 having the same nature to it. Also, it is amazing as to how nearly scratch free this projector has been. I say nearly scratch free, as, while I have not seen any scratches on screen, they may do all they're scratching in the sprocket area, but not on screen!

Hi Osi,

I agree with you about Eumig's. I love my GS-1200's that I have, but like others those need some TLC from time to time. My spare Eumig never fails me and I use it when I don't want to lug those heavy GS's around.

The only thing about Eumig I wish they did was have a power switch instead of the fans going on when you plug it in. I am looking for a stereo Eumig (I forget the model #). If you should hear of one at a good price keep me in mind

Have a good film day!
    Ken

Comment

The 926GL that Osi was talking about is a stereo machine, but only 600ft capacity and co-axial spools, but it does have a power switch. Unfortuanteley the balance stripe head on mine stopped working.

Comment

Good luck with your arriving S940 Osi. It has all the great features of the 926GL that you have, without the annoying coaxial single sprocket film path. Plus you will be getting 150w lamp and 800ft reel capacity, all of which makes it a huge step up from the 926GL.
        I have the S938 which is the same machine as the S940 but without the microprocessor recording feature. and it has analog meters the same as the 926 instead of the LED meters.
        Sound quality on all machines is just about the best on super 8.
        I still love the 800's though!

Comment

I wonder if this Eumig will allow for a conversion to those long lasting digital projector lamps? I do like how it has the advanced separate treble and bass levers, instead of bass and teble on the same lever.

Comment

I agree Osi Eumigs are great machines! My favorite these days has been the Eumig Mark S Super 8 projector from the 60's. I use it for my silent home movies, and it never misses a beat. I also have a Mark S 709 that I use for commercial prints, and that is a great workhorse as well. What I like about these early machines is the twist-to-focus lenses that really dial in the sharpness. Also the semi auto-loading mechanism works like a charm, and never eats a film! Keep those drive discs cleaned and rejuvenated and I think these Eumigs will run forever.

Comment

Well Osi, I love the Eumig projectors too and have quite a number of them myself and really enjoy them!

Comment

Now, there is only one more Eumig that I crave and surprisingly, an earlier model. It was the Eumig "M & O" model, that plays both magnetic and optical sound. I had one once, and the optical sound was glorious, good crisp highs and good bass or bottom, it got the most out of that optical sound track. It also allowed both super and standard 8mm with a change of removable film gate! An excellent model, but I have forgotten the actual model number.

Comment

I have never heard of the " M & O" model before. Did that projector have a vacuum tube or transistor amplifier?

Comment

From the manual avaialble from va eck https://van-eck.net/en/product/eumig...nual_francais/ it looks like it was a variation of and 800 series model, so transistor.
                    Also details on the Super8 Database https://super8database.com/projectors/321 and https://super8database.com/projectors/314
                    It seems there wre two varieties A & B.

Comment

Beware of the softer wearing sound heads on the Eumigs. These have been known to wear faster than on other machines leading to poor sound so always worth checking before buying on the second hand market.
                      As Osi said in the original post about wear on the sprocket side of the film, I have seen prints that have been through Eumigs that when put through an Elmo showed wear at the side of the picture. This is because the Eumig doesn't show the whole Super 8 frame unlike the Elmo's and like many other makes of machine.
                      I do agree that they have superb sound although the AC hum levels can be a little on the high side especially if the film soundtrack has been recorded a little on the low side.

Comment

Working...
                      X