Drive belt source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive belt source

I have been struggling to find a new drive belt for my early 1960's era Bolex Standard 18-5 8mm projector. My model uses the flat belt which was an early version and made only for a few years, perhaps because it was not durable. Bolex then changed the drive to a set of three O-rings with modified hardware. In my research I was directed a Chicago company called McMaster Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/ They sell a flat belt that matches perfectly and had it to me the very next day for a total of $14. The part number is 7887K74. McMaster is an industrial supply house with more than 7 million SKUs. They had excellent phone service that quickly helped me find the new belt using only the dimensions of the old belt. If you are looking for a discontinued belt you might give them a try.

Mark, that is valuable information for anyone looking for a rare belt or one no longer made! I've read several posts here over the years from people looking for this belt. I assume Bolex changed to the 3 belt set-up for better performance. Also the 3 belt system may put less stress on the components, etc. This of course is only a guess, I'm sure someone out there knows the reason.

Comment

Working...
    X