Long play unit how does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long play unit how does it work?

I just brought a elmo st 1200 projector with a 700 big reel long play unit I would like to know
    how it works I have Master and Commander and Speed on the big reel so I will be able to watch
    the films full length

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2124.jpg Views:	4 Size:	33.4 KB ID:	8191

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2125.jpg Views:	3 Size:	40.7 KB ID:	8190

Hi,
    That's exciting. I'm not sure how your long play unit works. What brand is it? Can you post pictures of it?

Comment

I have never seen this unit before, but I can see you'll need a roller on the feed arm.

Comment

Edward

Perhaps the seller could help you with instructions.
        As Daniel says, it certainly needs some form of roller for film entry to the projector, and possibly anther one for it exiting the projector.
        The take-up appears to have an adjustable clutch.
        Is there a name plate with any technical details. Voltage, etc.
        I will be very interested to know more.

Maurice

Comment

Looks like the "girafa" made in Spain by Julio Castells. He used to manufacture also until a few years ago metallic spools. Sadly, the business ended on a disappointing dishonnest way I will not detail here.

Comment

Thanks to Dominique, I have found this :-

https://www.milanuncios.com/videopro...-324582737.htm

Maurice

Comment

I have, on pdf, Julio's catalogue/price list (with some pictures) but no manual since I don't own a girafe myself. Another Belgian forum member (who forgot his password) sent me an e-mail (the picture below is from him) with two tips : 1) (in French, not easy to translate when it's technical) : you need to put a 15 mt/50 ft Kodak style spool (or a 60 mt/200 ft one) on the feeding arm to let the film pass throug it (the girafe/projector alignment must be acurate) 2) you need to adjust the spring system (seen on the picture) : you should tighten, not completely but well (for large spools).
              Needless to say, that should be tried with a film you're ready to sacrifice in case of something went wrong. Hope it helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0905.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	8312

Comment

I found a article on the old forum Jose Artiles in Spain 2013 he brought one he said it runs like heaven does anybody have Jose email it was made by Julio Castells I brought it from Spain last week it is rare I will get in touch with the dealer and try to find out more it will be sent to me next week

Comment

Edward
                  Jose Artiles is still a member. You can send him a PM :-
                  http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/vbb/member/199-jose-lopez

Maurice

Comment

Working...
                  X