Correction of a statement I made on the Eumig P 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correction of a statement I made on the Eumig P 8

On April 19, 2017, 11:44 AM​ I wrote something wrong about the Eumig P 8, namely that it’​s got a light-dark ratio of three to one. That is not correct, it is less and other projector models feature a higher ratio. I’​m still busy investigating the matter but have found two candidates that excel, the Ampro A-8 and the Ciné-Kodak Showtime 8. To verify exactly I recently purchased an Ampro and want to buy a Kodak, too. Only with the hard facts in front of me, I mean the very shutters under the protractor, something valuable can be said.

The Eumig P 8 has a shutter 105 degrees wide to cover a transport phase of about 90 degrees. The light portion measures thus 255 degrees per cycle giving a light-dark ratio of 2.42:1. If the Ampro matches the patent drawing, its light-dark ratio approaches 2.63:1. The Showtime, from what I’​ve found on images and videos, seems to be still nearer to 3:1. There are more projectors of great light output, I​’m thinking of the Paillard-Bolex M 8 as well as the old Bell & Howell Filmo 8s. The EMEL-P 73, later named Miami and Star, has 2:1. One of the weakest is the GIC-Beaulieu 8 that lies below 1:1.

I​’m sorry to annoy everybody with my technicality.

Again I was wrong. Eumig P 8​’s shutter angle is 100 degrees. The light-dark ratio computes thus to 2.6:1. It took a little while but I finally got the kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wyss View Post
      If the Ampro matches the patent drawing, its light-dark ratio approaches 2.63:1.
      The example I bought has arrived. The shutter angles are 85 degrees light and 35 degrees dark. 2.42:1

Comment

Working...
      X