Filmcutter differences on projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filmcutter differences on projectors

My Elmo cuts film in a differend way the my Bauer T610.
    I recently bought a Braun Visacustic 2000 for £59, which need service, but I cannot find any cutter on it.
    I now use my elmo cutter for it.

Does any brand has its own cutter style and do they need it to work proparly?
    Elmo and Bauer do not work that well with the other cut.

What is the best cutter for this Braun?
    Last edited by Matthieu van der Sluis; June 26, 2023, 02:40 PM.

I have Elmos and a Eumig 800 series. I find the Elmo auto-thread chokes on the Eumig cut, but the Eumig accepts the Elmo cut just fine.

-so the Elmo cut is my standard just because Elmo won't compromise!

Comment

The Beaulieu projectors don't like films cut with a cutter from another make.

Comment

It's something disturbing about 16mm for a long time 8mm collector: on my 16mm films there are a couple of leader-ends that look like a dog chewed on 'em: doesn't particularly matter!

Still: it's hard to fight 40+ years of 8mm instincts

Comment

Funny this should come up as I'm just about to post another thread re: Eumig Mark 8 being difficult to thread.

Yes, Elmo doesn't like the Beaulieu cut (straight with edges cut at 45 degrees) and likewise the Beaulieu demolishes the rounded Elmo cut. Weird isn't it?

Now the Eumig cut (on my 810) is similar to the Beulieu cut, but this Mark 8 I'm trying to get going for a friend is having a nightmare auto-threading.

A little bit of research and it seems this one needs a straight line cut across, half way between a sprocket hole. Unbelievably this is working so much better.

Comment

Working...
          X