Disney standard 8mm color sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney standard 8mm color sound

OK, I honestly don't know as to whether the WDHM division was responsible for these releases, but I ran into two, thus far, standard 8mm color sound cartoons, "Moose Hunters" and "Clock Cleaners". What interests me about these two are ... 1. They are full length. Most, if not all of these WDHM standard 8mm prints, are edited cartoons. 2. Both of these are on Agfa 2S and have stunning color. Literally all of the 8mm WDHM standard 8mm prints have varying levels of color loss. So, the question is, are these actual WDHM releases, or someone else's? I suppose part of what will help me date these things, will be when 🧲 sound was applied and sold on package films.

I can tell you that Castle introduced 8mm magnetic sound films in 1959.

Comment

The only Standard 8 Disney I have is a silent colour print of Clown of the Jungle on Agfa stock. The black leader is going a little purple but less colour shift then the Super 8 sound version I have on Kodak SP.

Comment

Did WDHM release these in sound as the only ones I have come across were striped later and a soundtrack added by the collector.

Comment

Graham,

Disney only put these out in silent versions.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1182.jpg Views:	3 Size:	138.7 KB ID:	83483

Comment

They might as well be HFE releases.
            https://www.mouseplanet.com/11235/Th...sney_8MM_Films

BTW I have also a few WDHM releases on Agfa.

Comment

That's what I thought Doug. They were home striped and sound recorded by the user.

Comment

Jeorg! That was a great article! It also answers the question that all of us collectors have always wondered about ... Did Technicolor ever get into the super 8 market or ever do super 8? The answer is yes! It may not have been three strip Technicolor, but they did print super 8, apparently.

Comment

Yes it was said that the Technofilms prints made at Technicolor were the best also some Ken? 400ft releases had Technicolor written on the leaders.

Comment

Working...
                  X