No announcement yet.

Test of digital printing direct to Super 8mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a really good JUMP scene that was added later I believe as Spielberg was tweaking the movie before release.

Comment

One of those films Philip I never tire of, particularly the camera work. 😎 Monster Mans excellent 600ft is rarely off the Elmo with the excellent Stereo stripe professionally applied by Movie Magnetic and dubbed in my Studio. Movie Mag by the way are nothing to do with this Dig printing or sound stripe to avoid confusion.

Have a good Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Mannering View Post
        One of those films Philip I never tire of, particularly the camera work. 😎 Monster Mans excellent 600ft is rarely off the Elmo with the excellent Stereo stripe professionally applied by Movie Magnetic and dubbed in my Studio. Movie Mag by the way are nothing to do with this Dig printing or sound stripe to avoid confusion.

Have a good Sunday.
        Haha JAWS at 600' should ALWAYS be on your projector - ready to go! it's a good one for sure.

Comment

I agree, a very well edited digest with sharpness that highly surpasses the original Universal 8 2X400ft by leaps and bounds, not to mention the really good stereo soundtrack!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Lee View Post
            By the description it sounds like the print has been produced by simply pointing a 8mm camera at a 4K monitor screen, as this would just magnify the screen pixels, especially when it is blown up past the size of the original screen.
            An 8mm camera wouldn't be able to film a 4K screen and show each individual pixel of that screen. It wouldn't magnify the screen pixels but instead cram the 4000 pixel width onto an 8mm film, which only has a comparable resolution of around 1K. Blowing up the image afterwards during projection can't make them appear again since the film never had the resolution to record them in the first place.

Comment

Interesting point, John.

Comment

Working...
              X