30 years of The Blackpool Film Convention Dinners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 years of The Blackpool Film Convention Dinners

The Blackpool Film Collectors' Convention website has been updated to include David Watson's fabulous history of the Film Convention Dinners. David created this back in 2015 for the occasion of the 30th Dinner, and a few copies of his book were available to diners at that event. It's a fascinating record and the people and personalities associated with it - including actors David Prowse, Caroline Munro and Valerie Leon, Oscar-winning sound engineer Norman Wanstall and SFX maestro Ray Harryhausen.

If you've been to one of the Dinners, David's history will bring back some memories of those past events - if you haven't, it should give some insight into them.

You can read it here:

https://blackpoolfilmconvention.co.u...ntion-dinners/

This year's Dinner will be held on Saturday 25th November 2023 and it's well worth attending. To find out how to book, go to​ www.blackpoolfilmconvention.co.uk and click on the 'Visit' link from the homepage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BlDi.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	83832

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bpool30thDinnersign.jpg Views:	4 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	83825

Click image for larger version  Name:	BlDi30.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	83829
    Last edited by John Armer; July 09, 2023, 10:27 AM.

John,

David's 30 Years of the Blackpool Film Convention Dinners is a fascinating read and an amazing time capsule. Thank you for putting it on the Blackpool Film Convention site.

Comment

The evening before this year's BFCC at Rickmansworth, I was having a pint in the company of both David Watson and John Armer, amongst others, and had the chance to wade through David's file that contained all the information you will read about the dinner. I was very impressed with it, and am even more impressed that John has taken the time and effort to transfer it all onto the website for all to see. Well done, John, great job !

WHEN (and not IF) we reach 40 years in a few years, I hope the story will be updated to cover the years 2016 to 2025 and maybe..... just maybe....there will be a mug shot of me in the background of a group shot somewhere as, although I have attended Blackpool for 30+ years, my first dinner was 2019. Fool me !

Comment

Working...
      X