Eumig Mark 501 Take-up Mechanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig Mark 501 Take-up Mechanism

Our 501's not been used for a while & the take-up spool's not turning. Opened up - drive chain's running fine & connected to rear cog so assuming there's a clutch problem. The threaded wheel compressing the spring is fully wound out but tightening makes no difference so thinking there's a problem within the clutch mechanism. But I can't find information how to dismantle/check/repair. Having removed the 2 spring clips I can see the copper "circlip"(?) behind is floating/not secured. Can anyone help please? some instructions and/or an exploded diagram would be ideal. Thanks so much.

Just moving on a bit with this, thinking I need to dismantle the take-up mechanism to see what's going on but no obvious way to do this? Obviously want to avoid creating a worse situation. Any ideas how to remove the take-up reel holder? it doesn't seem to be a simple push fit & pressing in the sprung pieces doesn't seem to free it. Also at the other (internal) end, the threaded knurled disc which holds the spring doesn't want to wind off as the bolt's burred - perhaps to stop anyone taking it off who doesn't know what they're doing...... Bit surprised I'm not yet finding information on this somewhere in the web.

Comment

More progress - the threaded spline securing the coil spring on the inside of the take-up mechanism isn't burred, but secured with threadlock compound which can be carefully removed with a sharp modelling knife. That enables unscrewing & removal of the 'clutch' innards. However, I'm still not able to work out how the reel holder on the 'outside'/other end can be safely removed - the spring assembly for securing the reel seems really fragile. Anybody have an answer?

Comment

Working...
      X