Kodak Tri-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodak Tri-X

Since I can't get the Ektachrome 100D right now, I thought I would start experimenting with my camera (Yashica Super 40E) using Kodak's Tri-X B&W reversal film that has an ASA of 200. Has anyone had success using this film in a similar camera? I'm fairly sure this won't work in a camera with automatic ASA selection, but it never hurts to ask!
    Last edited by Dave Bickford; July 18, 2023, 07:42 PM.

I shoot Tri-X in a Minolta XL-401 which is 40/160ASA only and it does just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Klare View Post
      I shoot Tri-X in a Minolta XL-401 which is 40/160ASA only and it does just fine.
      Good to know! Thanks!
      I may try this equivalent from Pro8mm. https://www.pro8mm.com/collections/f...-white-package

Comment

Just confirmed, The “equivalent” from Pro8mm is actually just repackaged Kodak Tri-X with pre-paid processing. And in stock! 👏

Order placed and accepted. ❤️

Comment

Ektachrome 7294 should be back in stock by September from what I'm reading online. I believe one of kodak's machines is down at the moment. I'm glad I stocked up on Ektachrome for my upcoming beach trip in 2 weeks......

Comment

Originally posted by Shane C. Collins View Post
            Ektachrome 7294 should be back in stock by September from what I'm reading online. I believe one of kodak's machines is down at the moment. I'm glad I stocked up on Ektachrome for my upcoming beach trip in 2 weeks......
            You are now obligated by virtue of this group to post some samples of aforementioned beach trip filmed on Ektachrome after processing. We’ll wait…😁

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Bickford View Post

You are now obligated by virtue of this group to post some samples of aforementioned beach trip filmed on Ektachrome after processing. We’ll wait…😁
              LOL, I project only no digital copies! You'll just have to take my word for it when I post my review of the next Super 8 beach movie!

Comment

Working...
              X