Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double 8 is back again - in color! Interview with Michael Raso (FPP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double 8 is back again - in color! Interview with Michael Raso (FPP)

We made an interview with the founder of Film Photography Project (FPP) about their production of 8mm color movie film:

Great article Juergen, thank you for the links.

Comment

Great article! I bet this takes off and people respond by buying some film. I like that FPP pointed out they like to project their films. I am in the same boat and much prefer 8mm and Super 8 projected. After all that's what this format was designed for. I've see some wonderful telecined films but I never understood the reluctance to project. People who shoot film but never see the camera original are missing out big time. Call me a purist but the original will always look the best. Plus the sound and smell of the projector ahh! I suppose it doesn't help that many companies who do telecine work, seem to push this as the ultimate way to see your film.

Comment

Congratulations on becoming a Pro Film Handler with 100 posts Shane!

Comment

Who can resist exposing some roll's of Ektachrome film in a high precision double 8 camera like the Bolex 8's with all metal gates and superb Paillard Switar prime lenses, and then projecting them on an equally precision machine such as the Bolex 18-5's? Can't beat the joy of handling such amazing equipment!

Comment

Juergen thank you for the great and informative interview.

I am having a lot of fun shooting these new 8mm stocks from FPP.

I had never shot 8mm film as a negative until now, and am learning.

I do like the idea of projection and have a couple of rolls of Ektachrome waiting in the refrigerator to be run through a camera soon.

Comment

What!? This is amazing!! I just got my Bolex P3 properly fixed and thought I would never be able to shoot color with it. Looks like its already sold out, hope it comes back soon! Hope they offer a develop only option since I want to project it on my Keystone 109D

Comment

International Film Brokers is selling this Ektachrome for $29.00 per spool. Looks like it's still in stock. I'd imagine once the word got out many people ordered this film. https://www.buy8mmfilm.com/
                Paul I agree Bolex equipment is so nice to use! Those clock-work cameras (I have a couple) are just a joy to use! Unfortunately the auto-meter in my K2 died but I have a working meter in my Bolex P1. I gotta get a roll and try it out! But I better dismantle the P1 and drop some oil inside the mechanism.

Comment

Great Contact Juergen The Film Photography Project
                  https://filmphotographyproject.com/

Comment

See this amazing 8mm Camera/Projector Combination

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wittnaue...53.m1438.l2649

Comment

It's all good news.
                      BUT as a film maker I would encourage users to at least attempt making a film that does at least tell a story and entertain the audience. We are fortunate to have excellent tools and film stock so all you need is a creative mind and that's the tricky part you cant buy.

Comment

Be aware that filmphotographyproject is, for corona reasons, currently not shipping in every country. A French ninefivers who also do as I (shooting with 9.5 Ektachrome stock reperfored from 16mm) tried to order some spools but had the bad surprise to have his order cancelled afterwoods, with the consequence of a lost of € 15 when he was refund by Paypal (they seem not ony coin us with the exchage rates…). That said, I ordered several times from filmphotographyprojects without any problem but if you live outside the US, it's better to check before you order.

Comment

Working...
                        X