Eumig s810d broken recording metal inner cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig s810d broken recording metal inner cable

Hi I have a eumig 810D projector and the inner metal cabel inside the projector has broken. This is the cable that is activated when you press the red button at the back of the projector to instigate a recording. The cable has broken and the projector is now on record mode all the time (ie the red light stays on). Does anyone know where I can get a new cable. The outer metal duct part seems fine but it is the inner cable that I need to replace. Many Thanks

Tim. probably the only way you will get a cable is off some clunker Eumig 800 series projector. If you only need playback on your machine remove the back cover and you will see the sliding switch (which is actuated by the cable) on the main PC board,This switch is fully out in playback mode, so maybe you can keep it in that position with a plastic clip or elastic band.

Comment

Paul Many thanks, I will see if I can do that and then search for a clunker projector. I guess that I could see if the cable is a standard diameter and try a shop that sells that size and I then only have to cut it to size. Probably a pain to get out and then put the new cable in, though. Tim

Comment

On one of mine (an ST-1200HD), I had this switch go flaky on me. I'd never use this machine for recording purposes, so I decided to disable the recording feature

If I remember right, in that case the switch was normally closed in regular playback, so I soldered a jumper across the switch contacts.

Comment

Steve

Thanks I will have a look at doing that. Cheers Tim

Comment

The thing is to figure out what the state of those wires is in playback mode and duplicate it: if the wires are switched to a closed circuit, then solder them together. Open circuit? Then clip one and put some electrical tape over the end to keep it out of trouble.

it’s possible you may find both.

Comment

Steve Many thanks Tim

Comment

Tim, I have replaced this cable when mine kinked and became unusable. I just used a thickish guitar string (NOT a wire-wound one though) and it worked, and has continued to work, perfectly.

Comment

John That sounds promising. I will give it a try. Thanks for the tip. Tim

Comment

Working...
                  X