Elmo K-110 SM problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo K-110 SM problems

I am trying to get an old Elmo K-110 SM projector going again. It is a nice little projector and well built and the reviews of it are good so it seems like a good one to use.

I have cleaned out all of the old grease in the "arms" and regreased it all so it runs very smoothly and quietly. I had to purchase a replacement reel for the feed side of the projector and it seems to work well. My problem is loading film. I have the manual for it and it talks about pressing the green button down to load film and that it will lock in place. Mine doesn't lock and its gray! I am pretty sure the colour isn't the issue so my first question is should it lock in place? The manual says to turn the projector to run and press the button down (and lock it)and feed the film in and it should go right through. When I press the button down and hold it the motor stops until I let go. Is that correct? It doesn't seem to want to grab the film either for some reason. Suggestions?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Stay safe! Dave

Hi Dave and welcome! I have the Elmo K-100SM which doesn't have a thread button. However I do have a manual for the K-110 and it reads slightly different from your manual. It doesn't indicate the color of the thread button. Perhaps there were different model variation of this projector...not sure but see if these instructions help.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Elmo K-110 03 film feed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	8502

Comment

Thanks Janice. It is similar to the 110SM but a little different. The manual for the 110sm states the following.

Depress the green auto thread lever until it locks. Advance the motor switch to position F. The motor will start. Insert the film leader into the thread slot as indicated by the arrow. The film will automatically thread to . the take-up reel through the film guide

Does anyone have one of these and can you tell me if it actually locks? Mine doesn't. When I press mine it stops the motor running. When I let go it starts again.Almost backwards to the manual unless I am understanding it incorrectly.

Thanks

Dave

Comment

Dave just to clarify... The manual I have IS for the Elmo 110SM and it seems to read differently than your manual.

The motor should not stop when pressing the feed button in any case. You may have to look into the feed mechanism to see if there may be a a problem. These little Elmo's are made of a lot of plastic unlike the larger more expensive models.

I think one of our members Matthew James had this projector. You may want to PM him to see how his Elmo behaves.

Comment

I may do that. Thanks for the info. Your original post stated you had a K-100SM which I assume if slightly different, no button I think you mentioned. I will try things out again to see why my button doesn't lock as it should.

Dave

Comment

Dave you didn't read far enough into my post...

However I do have a manual for the K-110 and it reads slightly different from your manual. It doesn't indicate the color of the thread button. Perhaps there were different model variation of this projector...not sure but see if these instructions help.
            I have some projectors where I have to hold the thread button down manually...but I release it once it's passed through the gate and the lower loop section. But...if pressing the button stops the motor...then that's a bigger problem.

Comment

Working...
            X