Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castle Films headline edition???

Hi all!

I just bought and received a Super 8mm headline edition of Son Of Frankenstein. It is obviously the first issue headline short.
    Before it arrived I watched what was called Son Of Frankenstein Castle Films headline edition on YouTube. This was from the second issue of this title. Does anyone know if Castle Films did a second issue of this title to coincide with the second cutdown or was what I saw on YouTube a fan created short? I’d appreciate any confirmation of being only the one or two variations of this title. Thanks everyone.

There were two, the second edition highlighted Ygor's participation...not sure of the headliners, just have the one myself... Shorty

Comment

Jim,

Could you provide a link to the one on YouTube that is different from the headline edition you have?

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N8FT0qEWGkc
        This is the link - I hope.
        The one I have has the title only, a quick shot of the castle exterior. The door closes on Peter’s room. Amelia sees the Monster and the chase is on. Monster is kicked into the pit. Hugs abound. The End

Comment

Jim,

I mistakenly thought that the headline version of Son of Frankenstein was included in one of the two Universal 8 Best of Horror compilations. I have both edits of the 200 footer however I don't have the 50' one. Anybody have this title?

Comment

Hi Doug,

I had both Best Of Horror compilations from Universal 8 as well but don’t remember Son Of Frankenstein being on either one.
            I have the original 50’ headline edition in hand but the end is damaged. It’s from the original issue footage. The YouTube video shows the footage from the redux Universal 8 did. Because of the two distinctly different versions is the reason it wasn’t included in the Best Of Horror compilations. One for Sherlock Holmes. LOL

Comment

Castle released that second version right before the switchover to Universal 8. The first edition was in distribution from 1965 - early 1976. The second edition came out later in 1976. Castle had many plans for new releases and then U-8 took over and went their own way.

Comment

Too bad Beta and VHS had come along when it did. That was definitely the nail on the coffin for the home movie market. I’m so glad we have what we do with films from that time before. Thankfully the people here are keeping it alive and well and trying to continue to bring new products to us. Mysteries like Son Of Frankenstein still makes the hobby interesting.

Comment

Working...
                X