Red Fox Films ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Fox Films ...

How long was Red Fox Films in production? I ask as I have ran into a print of theirs, printed in 1984. I thought Red Fox ended around 1981?

Osi,

I believe they gave up 8mm mid 1985 when Derann purchased a lot of their negatives.

Comment

I have North by Northwest of them. The Kodak Edge Code of this Polyester prestriped Film is 1987.

Comment

Was that print directly from Red Fox? I ask, as, Red Fox did sell quite a few of they're negatives to Derann, as stated earlier, so these might have been "reprints" by Derann. I only as to pinpoint when they themselves discontinued.

Comment

The Super 8 database has Red Fox running until winter 1984-5.

Comment

When North by Northwest came from Derann in the early 90´s it was printed on AGFA Poly Stock. Because the End of Kodak prestriped Polyester was in 1989.
            So i think mine was from Red Fox. The Kodak Edge Code says 1987.
            I don´t know when Derann starts to print from the Red Fox Negatives. If it was earlier then in the early 90´s it could be from Derann too.

Comment

When we say Red Fox closed it's doors, should we say that they were not actively looking to release new product, but we're still printing from they're existing negatives?

Comment

Derann were selling leftover Red Fox stock at London and Blackpool conventions in 1986. I think they started selective printing from negatives after that but they were still badged as Red Fox.

Comment

Well, there's the answer for ya! A shame in a way, as, it appears that Red Foxes titles were getting progressively better in quality. Compare Red Foxes "Time Machine" with the official studio release. Red Foxes print was really stunning, the official studio print was lack lustre in comparison.

Comment

I had a feature print of The Time Machine bought new 1990. It was a stunner but I would have said it was a Derann print from a Red Fox neg.

Comment

I don't know if it was already purchased, and it was highly overpriced, (personal opinion), but there at least was a Red Fox print of Time Machine, with screenshots, and you can just see as to how lovely of a print it really is.

Comment

I had a print of Time Machine some years ago but didn't like the fact that it cut off the sides like you see in the main title. Paid $300 and sold it for about the same.

Comment

Working...
                        X