Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elmo ST-180E M 2 track Feeding intermittently - belt seems to be tight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo ST-180E M 2 track Feeding intermittently - belt seems to be tight?

New problem. Old projector. Can not pinpoint what part is not co-operating...After pressing down auto threader lever, feeding the trimmed head into the grove, turning on light of projector, self threader pops up and the film stops transporting.
    Looking online I only see videos and articles on replacing a belt that has a different capstan configuration from my projector. (see foto). After testing tension on belt doesn't seem loose to me. (see foto). The belt is not corroded or sticky. Any ideas?

Right after the autoloader guide pops up, does the motor spins but the rest just stay freeze, or motor does not move at all?

Comment

everything moves...But think I found out the problem late last night, I will check again tonight. It's embarrassing, stupid user error.. not paying attention...but maybe it will help someone. I kept trying to thread the tail into the auto threader, (there was a head leader on it...). So it wasn't engaging the perks...How long have I been working with super 8? Too long for this mistake! I will blame it on low light while working, long time since I've revisited this projector and senility!

Comment

Don't worry. It tookl me three attemps to thread a film I bought recently beofre I realised it hadn't been re-wound and was like that!!

Comment

Working...
        X