Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delving into 8mm (Eumig 824 problem or my inexpreriance?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 510D, at least, had a completely diffrerent system being totally sprocketless.

Comment

Nope, must be from 700 or 800 series machines that had a single claw pin. 500 and 600 models out of the question! There is the possibility that the same claw was used in the Eumig silent projectors called Mark this or that. I believe that the shutter mechanism should be the same on all those Eumig machines that used rubber drive discs...as long as the shutter mechanism comes from a machine that could run both 8mm guages and contains a single pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Banfield View Post
        Nope, must be from 700 or 800 series machines that had a single claw pin. 500 and 600 models out of the question! There is the possibility that the same claw was used in the Eumig silent projectors called Mark this or that. I believe that the shutter mechanism should be the same on all those Eumig machines that used rubber drive discs...as long as the shutter mechanism comes from a machine that could run both 8mm guages and contains a single pin!
        Thanks Joseph!

I have a donor 804D coming in for very cheap so let's just keep our fingers crossed that it has a whole pin. But, even if it doesn't, I'll use it to find a way to rebuild the pin myself because I don't feel like practicing on my 824.

But, it's good to know that I can look into 700s as well, so thank you!

Comment

UPDATE:

The 804D came with the pin intact! YAY!

The next step will be swapping them and making sure my 824 is in working order. After that, I will indeed try to make-shift the original pin and try to make both of them work eventually.

Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Swapping a shutter mechanism is not straight forward because adjustments will have to be made...claw positioning, claw penetration, ect. You're going to need a service manual to set the swapped shutter mechanism correctly!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Banfield View Post
              Swapping a shutter mechanism is not straight forward because adjustments will have to be made...claw positioning, claw penetration, ect. You're going to need a service manual to set the swapped shutter mechanism correctly!
              Thanks Joseph!

I do have one on order already.

Comment

Working...
              X