Kodak Ektasound 245B Repair Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodak Ektasound 245B Repair Advice

Hey all you projector geeks, I bought a Kodak Ektasound 245B at auction recently because I remember the Kodak Commercials for them and they look so neat. The first thing I did was give the gate and capstan a good cleaning. Then I checked the rubber belt and it seemed fine so I put a short super 8 film on and and it projected fine but there was very noticeable squealing sound. So I took off the back, removed the spindles added a dab of silicone grease to Both and re ran the film but the squeal was still there. I then listened close with the back off and the source of the squeal seemed to come from the shutter blade.
    So I removed it and greased under and around it then replaced it. Now when I run the Kodak it only engages in fast forward and rewind but when I move the switch to the project mode, the whole thing stops. Any ideas on why this is occurring?

Kim,

The Ektasound Moviedeck is a cool looking projector, however it's not that popular here. Threading problems & scratching issues are two reasons why. Try the above Forum Archive link and do a search using "Ektasound". You'll find a few threads concerning these models.

Comment

Working...
    X