A Red Fox Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Red Fox Question

I believe that when Red Fox "went under" their films were released by Derann.
    My question is :- were they just sold in their original Red Fox boxes with a Derann sticker attached; or did Derann reprint the films but still used old Red Fox boxes?

Maurice

Maurice

I think they bought up some Red Fox stock initially mainly features which they sold at discount and Blackpool and Ealing but then reprinted using the negatives but they were still labelled or sold as being Red Fox on the boxes for years but we knew they were Derann prints as the quality was better.

Mike

Comment

New prints were re boxed Maurice I have a few.
      Another distributor was also printing from the negatives. Bit of a free for all at that point in the decade. Nice titles tho

Comment

I was amazed as to the quality of the Red Fox/Derann Warner Brother cartoons. We were used to the extremely dupey, horribly faded negatives in general from various super 8 companies. It's my guess that Red Fox had acquired original first generation 35MM prints for those later super 8's (like "Gruesome Twosome"), and the quality really showed!

Comment

Some of the great Warner cartoons form Derann seemed to have used Techno negatives too. I wonder if in some cases it wasn't the master but that lab that was used to make the prints that resulted in the original low(er) quality.

Comment

Working...
          X