Where to buy filmguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy filmguard

Hi Everyone, where can i buy genuine filmguard please. any links to website for the uk, i did previously buy from amazon but is it genuine ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...O6G3PXVV&psc=1

Hi Tony. I gather Paul Foster at FosterFilms sells it : https://www.fosterfilms.co.uk/

Comment

The Amazon link looks genuine. Nice to know they also stock it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Halfacre View Post
        Hi Tony. I gather Paul Foster at FosterFilms sells it : https://www.fosterfilms.co.uk/
        thanks john

Comment

The amazon link ships directly from us. It's a little cheaper if purchased direct from us through our store at www.film-tech.com (no amazon fees).

That being said we CAN ship overseas, but it's typically quite expensive. If anyone overseas is wanting to buy some, email sales@film-tech.com and provide the ship to address and what it is you are looking to buy and we can quote what shipping would be on our end.

If you have your own account, such as DHL or FedEx and want to arrange the shipping, we can tell you what the final packed box dimensions and weight is, then release the package when your company comes to pick it up. (For whatever reason it almost always is cheaper for the receiving international party to setup the shipping.)

There are only 3 authorized dealers outside of purchasing direct via amazon or the web store. They are listed here: http://www.film-tech.com/dealers.php

Anyone else selling FilmGuard or claiming it's the same thing is selling you some other concoction they likely whipped together in their garage that historically causes harm to the film long term. FilmGuard has been around for 35 years and quickly became the industry standard for professional cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Miller View Post
            Anyone else selling FilmGuard or claiming it's the same thing is selling you some other concoction they likely whipped together in their garage that historically causes harm to the film long term. FilmGuard has been around for 35 years and quickly became the industry standard for professional cinema.
            I'm sorry but that sounds like scare talk to me. Same as printer manufacturers telling their customers their printer could break down when using third party ink. Many people have been using other cleaning/lubricating agents for decades with great succes.

Comment

John - First, please read carefully what I wrote. You skimmed and made some assumptions. It's not scare talk, it's fact. This has literally happened a few times over the years and film damage was the result. Remember FilmGuard was the primary film cleaner for cinemas, and when a print had major color shifting or became "glued together" (in a sense) the finger was pointed at us and we went in and investigated. Each time it was a dealer claiming they were selling the real stuff, but instead was putting something else in similar looking containers.

I am in no way saying that there aren't other cleaners that can be used. I am saying if anyone outside of those vendors I listed above are claiming they are selling you FilmGuard, they are flat out lying. Similarly, any film cleaner that hasn't been on the market for a really long time should be used with extreme caution, as there are no long term results. Case in point a cleaner such as FilmRenew has been around for a long time as well and I am not aware of anyone having any film damage from using it. On the flip side VistaClean is a straight-up scam that magically turned up a week after we cut off that dealer we caught rebottling. Absolutely nobody can whip up a reliable and properly tested film cleaner in a week's time. That is scientific bullshit. It takes MANY YEARS with careful testing and variations on storage and winding to reach a point to where a formula can safely be sold without concern of possible film damage.

Comment

Brad, I really didn't skim and read it carefully but probably misinterpreted.
                To me it indeed sounded like everything except FilmGuard could harm your film.​
                Glad you responded and eleborated on the subject.​

Comment

and i only wanted to check that filmguard was genuine from amazon and look what i started ha ha, kidding guys, im so glad of this forum, ive had loads help on many subjects since i joined.

Comment

Just ordered on Amazon of all places - super easy. Who knew?!

Comment

Working...
                    X