Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eumig 610D repair: cam problem

Hello, 8mm Forum fellows!

I am wanting to gift a projector to a friend so that he has an alternative to driving 20 miles to my house for watching 8mm movies. Being familiar with the 607D, I found a cheap Eumig 610D and am trying to restore it.

The problem seems to be with the cam which makes contact with the shutter wheel. (My terminology may be incorrect.) The cam (green box in photo) should be moving back and forth when the shutter is rotating. It does not, so the everything is stuck and one gets only a sad motor hum. The cam does move up and down when rotating the projector control knob, so it's not fully frozen in place.

Before I begin to take everything apart and likely make things worse, does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Thank you!

Is the spring attached on the right hand side of the nylon pully broken? It's a coiled spring that must wind up slightly to apply full torque to the very stiff pulldown mechanism of that particular model. If the spring is broken then the motor will spin freely without ever applying power to the drive mechanism. Or perhaps your belt is old and slipping? That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Comment

Working...
    X