A new podcast episode about boxes and box art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new podcast episode about boxes and box art

Beautiful design, quick and dirty design or even no design at all? Cardboard, clamshell or hard plastic? Another episode of the Humming Projector Podcast has been released where Eivind and Doug talk about boxes and box art.

Some of the topics we cover:
    👉 The artistic side of boxes
    👉 Why did some expensive prints have cheap design?
    👉 Which distributors had the best designs?
    👉 Fan art
    👉 Different types of boxes
    👉 Which box types had the best survival rate for Eivind's collapsing shelf?
    👉 What do we do with damaged boxes?
    👉 Best and worst designs we have owned
    👉 Why were the Disney designs from Derann so much better than the rest?

Listen to the episode on our website, on Spotify, YouTube or your favorite podcast player (learn more).

Nice, I'm pretty well-known for box art collecting too...Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Very cool, I always enjoy your podcast! They are very informative, and provide lots of good information, and tips!

Comment

Thanks for the very kind words, Shane! I really appreciate it! I am a novice, but I have great help of Doug and other friends!

I know you like the box art, Shorty, and hope you will enjoy the episode. Perhaps you have some feedback for the episode when you have had time to listen to it? See you in Blackpool in not too long!

Comment

I liked the podcast too and like box art as well. It's a shame not all my have that though!

Comment

Eivind,

I had a great time listening to you and Doug discuss film boxes and their artwork. I went to Super8database to check out Doug's favorite cover, Too Late the Hero. That is a good, eye-catching bit of art. I agree with you that War of the Planets is a fun cover. It is strange that Castle used a very similar cover (which included a drawing of the Metaluna mutant from War of the Planets/This Island Earth) for Creature From the Black Lagoon.

I'm guessing the artwork that Doug was referring to as his least favorite was from The Return of Dracula. That one had three different covers.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Return of Dracula 3 covers.png Views:	0 Size:	916.8 KB ID:	88204

You mentioned The Anderson Tapes. I think Columbia agreed with you since they put out another one!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Anderson Tapes old067.jpg Views:	0 Size:	154.7 KB ID:	88206 Click image for larger version  Name:	Anderson Tapes new068.jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.1 KB ID:	88205

Thanks so much for another great episode.

Comment

Thank you for the very nice feedback, Doug, and for making a gallery of the covers we mentioned! And for the Anderson Tapes: The second cover was new to me. I haven't seen that before, so that was very interesting. The second one was much better! I have been running Super8database for a few years now, and we are a very long way of being complete as there is just so many films that were produced. But discovering new covers we are missing, like the second one of the Anderson Tapes is just as exciting every time!

Comment

Working...
              X