My ELMO GS1200 is nearly 40!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thomas Knappstein View Post
    This is amazing Lee. 40 Years ago I was only 11 Years old and don´t had a GS 1200 in use. But Today I have four of them in use all modified with long Arms and 250W Base Pin Halogen Lamp. I think this machines have a very long Lifetime.
    What kind of a lamp is that and can you post a link?

Comment

Patrick, Ffr in Germany does replace the original 200 w lightning system system by a 250 w one. Since you're based in The Netherlands, I assume you speak Dutch so the explanation in German should be more understandable for you than for us 😉 http://www.ffr-film.de/eng-elmo-.html Look at : "Lampenanpassung"

Comment

I have the Osram Type 64655 24V/250W in use. But there must be done some modifications in the Lamp Holder and the Mirror. Also you need an external Lamp Transformer with enough Power to handle this Bulb. Here are some Pictures of this modification i did in 2018. It is running fantastic over the last three Years.

Comment

My own GS pictured at the start of the thread is undergoing a High Intensity Discharge lamp conversion as it does seem the way to go as with others I've done now. It's one of those things you have to think hard over with a GS1200 as being pack-out out with electronics it is easy to upset something along the conversion route. If in doubt leave well alone but it does make quite a difference over event the standard genuine Elmo esc lamps giving a whiter brighter light.

Comment

The first Super 8 HID conversion I saw up close was a GS1200 at the last Big Screen Scene Revival before Covid. That, and the promise of seeing one in a Eumig 710D at the one that was cancelled got me interested in the idea.

Comment

Working...
            X