Elmo GS1200 auto load won't stay down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elmo GS1200 auto load won't stay down

Hi after many years of wanting a gs1200 I finally have one and in nice condition to.
    But there are a few issues with it so I'll repair them one by one.
    The green lever that you push down to load the film will not stay down you have to hold it down you can hear a solenoid moving but thats it.
    probably a easy fix if you know how.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Barry

Just saw your post - did you ever fix this? You might have a faulty microswitch near the exit point of the film. There is a small metal roller here with a flange that activates a microswitch when the film is given a gentle pull as it leaves the film path. That microswitch releases auto-thread. They have been known to go bad and either not trigger at all, and thus your auto load will not disengage, or they short and then you can't keep auto-load engaged.

The good news is these are standard microswitches availale from many places. Replacement is fairly easy - I have replaced that on my GS1200 which wouldn't disengage auto-thread - it's worked perfectly since replacement.

Comment

Actually, I think if the machines had been designed this way it would be better.

Doesn't the 708-EL do this? When you press it down it moves forward release it and it stops. A good option in case of leader jams during the auto load process.

I love the GS 1200. But the auto load tug on the film release method is one of my outstanding gripes......

Do any of you GS 1200 techies no how to bypass the relay switch and convert to HOLD DOWN /RELEASE the top pressure guide for auto load? I wouldn't mind having all my machines that way.....

When converted - one would hold the top green guide down until the leader passed the bottom sprocket. Release it - and the machine would go in to standard play mode. Pressing the piano keys would take over from there...

Comment

A few years ago and rather than fix the auto threading properly I wrapped an electrical ty-rap around the release solenoid in a way that holds it in. For threading I just hold the threading button down until the film passes the bottom sprocket then let it go. Its been like that for years now. I am happy with the way it is I have just left it like that.

Comment

Working...
        X