Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What contribution did you make today, to our wonderful hobby ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job Paul.

I've been finishing up the sound track for my own S8 film of the Raise the Titanic filming locations. I've cut this in with the trailer and opening music. I filmed it all flat but when we are allowed out again I'm doing another in Scope to go on the feature. A simple thing to film no frills but really interesting projected before or after the actual film.

Currently checking 2000ft of new 35mm adverts by hand for possible S8 release. Gorgeous colour.

Comment

I have been examining and cleaning my Eumig 926 GS which is running slow, no improvement but went to my seriously damaged 903 which started OK but slowed down going forwards but not in reverse. I cleaned that an moistened the rubber discs, that made a great improvement to will try with the 926 later.

Comment

It seems a few of us have been busy bunnies today doing the "behind the scenes" little jobs in our hobby than need attending to.

I have had to dispose of 15... yes 15 bulbs which have decayed or just won't work. I am left with 2x 12v 100w* 3x 15v 150w 2x 8v 50w for my small machine, and a couple of 24v 200w for the GS. Ordered some more 12v 100w to keep me going.

* My existing 12v 100w seem to be a slightly different shape to normal. I have tried to put them in my B&H DCR. As mentioned previously, the bulb is not aligned with the frame and creates a dark patch in the center of the screen. I spent quite a while this afternoon adjusting it to no avail, so I await my new bulbs with anticipation.

Comment

Paul, I love that little ELMO sign!

Comment

Just taken delivery of "Fimlguard" cleaner and delighted with it. All those black specks on my films have mostly gone,so they just needed cleaning properly! Have spent last two days doing this and treated several thousand feet of super 8. The level in the Filmguard bottle has hardly gone down, should see me out!

Comment

Well finally I now have installed my bespoke Film Storage-Unit. I've also had some extra shelves fitted to the adjoining alcove which doubles as a film-editing/cleaning area and houses a Two-Projection set up.... pictures to follow.

Comment

Comment

Ooh...if I had that shelving....shorty

Comment

Well Shorty, it's exactly the type of purposely designed unit I've had in mind since I returned to this wonderful hobby and collecting films again nearly 5 years ago.

The bottom plinth will store up to 4 x 8mm Projectors; the next two shelves (going up from the bottom) will store my 600' and 800' Films which will be stored on their sides; and the next six shelves each have a capacity to store nearly 90 x 400' Films (in any form of packaging/cases) vertically - allowing me to store just over 500 x 400' Films on these six shelves!

Finally the very top of the unit (which is very sturdy and has been securely bolted onto the wall with brackets) has a slightly deeper depth to it and this will be used to store my 1200' Films.

When I relocated from London last year to move up to this Isle, I was specifically looking for a typical old style Scottish tennament-type flat with a big living-room that would double as my Film-Hobby room. The ceilings in the flat are 10' high - so this unit is actually 8' high by 5' wide!

So this December and over the Christmas period I will spend a lot of my spare time, at last, being able to unpack my films from all of the boxes they've been in for far too long and getting them up onto those shelves and into that nice big unit! 😊

Comment

Marvelous Ali, I have a smaller yet space-ample unit to house many 200', 400', 600' as well with 100' and Headline editions, neatly and all in nice original boxes of course...lol. Store some horizontally, most others vertical. The others and larger reels are neatly arranged in a Queen Anne glass cabinet, also on shelves in 2 closets...someday I will take pictures...planning for Blackpool to find more. Cheers, Shorty

Comment

Thanks Shorty!

You should definitely post some pictures of the units you use to store your films - I'd like to see it and I'm sure others would too 😊

Comment

BRIAN re Eumig 926GL speed issue
                          The speed control knob pulls off and behind it you will find a white nut which adjusts the speed control to your liking. But if you think the 2 black discs are slipping buy some Belt Dressing and apply they will no longer slip.

Working on the final build of another Eumig HID lamp conversion.Bit of a delay doing this order as the dreaded Covid threw may parts delivery list up in the ozone along with our own dose of it. Grrr

The test HID lamp rig I did on my GS1200 worked very well particularly as it already had a 2 blade shutter in it so will finish that up over the Christmas break.

Comment

Thanks Lee, if what worked on the 903 doesn't work on the 926 I'll try that. Mind you it's about time I ordered a supplementary fan and started on my HID conversion, I've had the lamp and ballast for long enough - I'm getting lazy. ​

I might order the belt dressing at the same time, just in case.

Comment

I dedicated the entire day to my poorly 16mm projectors.

I have recently been in touch with Kevin in Nottingham who repairs Bell & Howell machines, and so it was a 2 to 2.5 hour trip from Hull down to the Nottingham area and back, to deliver them both to his front doorstep. (social distancing, of course).
                              At last, in just a few weeks, I will be back up and running with 16mm watching, and to catch up on a couple of features I have yet to see which, no doubt, I will write about in the "What 16mm film did........" topic in the not too distant future.

Comment

Went to vote also having a reel of film in a Eumig box under my arm at the time. Pretty girl doing the paperwork asked what Eumig was on the box as it seemed a funny word so explained in a couple of minutes. Another possible Super 8 contender perhaps and going to pass her a copy of Reel Image magazine when she finishes today.
                                Result!

Comment

Working...
                                X